Re: Re: [NetEpic ML] players lists

From: <drklrd_at_...>
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2001 09:53:02 -0500

Here is an interesting concept, do want the database to querable. Like do we want to be able to search for evryone who plays chaos?
here is how the data structure is looking so fare

1) First name......text field Required
2) last name.......text field Required
3) email address...text field (key field) required
4) country ........text field Required
5) city............text field Required
6) armies owned and played... (multiple fileds yes no field) not required
    A) Chaos
    B) Imperial
    c) orcs
    D) cheerleaders from satan
    ect ect
7) notes...........text note field most likely 254 characters not required

what we can do with this database would be dependant upon how a web interface would be built into it. I can set the DB up and will make an announcement for every one to e-mail me directly and compile it, it would be cool to have it accessable at the epic central web page, but I am not volenteering the guys who alrady do so much work on that site do do more wotk, but does someone else outthere have the expertese to make the database web accessable?

netepic_at_yahoogroups.com wrote:
> Hi!

I would say to keep:

NAME
EMAIL-ADDRESS
COUNTRY
CITY
ARMIES PLAYED

As a requisite if you participate and add all the stuff you mention as optional,
so as not to burden anyone who doesn't want to give out that much information.
The main thing is to have teh basic data to let people contact each other
for a game.

Peter

Eivind Borgeteien wrote:

Hi!
> This is a great idea! Its great to be able to know a little more about each
> other than just what you think of this and that rule!
>
> I would like to include some more fields though.
>
> Year of birth (Allthogh we are just a bunch of kids playing with
> toy-soldiers, it would be nice to know the age of people here...)
>
> Line of work/occupation. (Maybe Im just overly curious, but the old
> sociology-student in me would really like to know :-) In Norway it seems
> like most of the people playing RPGs and suchs games have a college-level
> education or higher. Could be interesting to know if this was the case
> worldwide....)
>
> A picture would be real cool! I always wanted to know the faces of you
> all.... (Maybe I will regret this LOL :-)
>
> A small freetext field would also be nice. There people can write other kind
> of stuff, like when they started playi!
ng epic, other games played, other
> interests or any kind of info they want to chare.
>
> I hope this wont be too much work for you to make such a base, and most of
> all that it wont violate anyones private sphere.
>
> On the implemantation of this, I think it is important that we dont ask new
> member of the list to give this information straight away, but wait a week
> or two and then ask them if they want to give this info. To force this upon
> newbies would just scare them away.
>
> Any thoughts on this?
>
> Eivind

  I am planning on building an Access database of netepic players. In a few

    days. I will email to this list a request for information from anyone
> wanting to be listed. then I will cut and paste information into the
> database. Question is what information do you guys want to include in such a
> "Players directory" So far I suggest

    NAME
> EMAIL-ADDRESS
> COUNTRY
> CITY
> ARMIES PLAYED
>
> (teh armies played field can be configured several ways. depending on how

      functional we as a group would want the database to be.

      open to all suggestions and oppinions ( but only now before I have started

        not after it is completed LOL )

        I am not a web jockey so when the database is complete I could turn it

          over to someone to mount on a web page for everyone to use.

> To unsubscribe send e-mail to: <A TARGET="Link" class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:netepic-unsubscribe_at_egroups.com">netepic-unsubscribe_at_egroups.com</A>
>

> To unsubscribe send e-mail to: <A TARGET="Link" class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:netepic-unsubscribe_at_egroups.com">netepic-unsubscribe_at_egroups.com</A>

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

 <A TARGET="Link" HREF="http://rd.yahoo.com/M=176325.1307935.2900315.1248727/D=egroupmail/S=1700059081:N/A=567140/R=1/*http://domains.yahoo.com"></A><A TARGET="Link" HREF="http://rd.yahoo.com/M=176325.1307935.2900315.1248727/D=egroupmail/S=1700059081:N/A=567140/R=2/*http://domains.yahoo.com"></A>