RE: [NetEpic ML] New Slann Titan Weaponry Part 1 (Long)

From: Karlsen Rune <rune.karlsen_at_...>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 15:19:13 +0100

Thanks for the comments :)

> > Hi!
> >
> > Here are some new weapons for the Slann Titans. Feel free
> to comment,
> > these are just suggestions.
> >
> > Rune
> >
> > Head :
> >
> > Control Center : This is a sensor and computer upgrade,
> which enables
> > the titan to track its targets much faster and more
> efficient. All attacks
> > made by the titans weaponry receives a +1 modifier,
> including barrage
> > and missiles. Due to the size of the control center, some
> armor has to
> > be sacrificed, reducing the save of the head location by 1.
>
> _at_@ Too strong don't like, makes all the other weapons power mongers

I just modelled this on other fire control centers. It is exactly the
same.

> > Purgatory Strike : This weapon is a testimony to the Slanns psychic
> > abilities. The weapon actually houses a powerful Slann Mage, who's
> > powers are amplified tenfold by specialized circuitry, resulting in
> > increased range and power. The weapon fires a concentrated
> beam of psychic
> > energy at one single target. The beam hits on a 3+ , has a range of
> 100cms,
> > and
> > a save modifier of -4. This counts as a non-physical psychic attack.
> > Shielded targets gets a regular psychic save. If fired at a
> > titan/praetorian, it automatically targets the
> > head/bridge, no deviation rolls. Due to the increased
> power, the damage
> > roll is taken with a +1 bonus against units with templates.
> This weapon
> can
> > be fired once per round.
>
> _at_@ Beam hits on a 4+, -2 to save, and is a phsyical attack
> only takes down
> one sheild if Peratorian/Titan. Too much cheese to hit head
> auto make roll
> on template. Keep the once per round.

I thought psychic attacks always automatically targeted the
head/bridge location. If that isnt so, then i agree.
4+ -2 save works for me, im just making suggestions :)

> > Arm :
> >
> > Force blade : This is a close combat weapon for titans. It
> is a blade of
> > force which
> > is capable of devastating damage. It gives the Titan an
> ekstra die in CC,
> > and adds
> > +2 to the damage roll.
>
> _at_@ sounds good
> >
> > Mounted : Arm only
> > Range : CC
> >
> > Plasma Fist : When mounted, this weapon give the Titan +4 CAF
> > against Titans/Praetorians in close combat. It can also be used as
> > a ranged weapon. It has then 4 attacks at 25cms, hits on 4+
> > and has a save modifier of -1.
>
> _at_@ if a CC weapon only have a range of 15cm. I'd also lower
> the the CAF to a
> +2. and no save mod.

Yes, i thought about the range after i sent in the post. I agree
that 15cms is prudent. The -1 modifier was added to reflect that
it is plasma we're talking about, 100 million degrees of
superconductin gas :)
Again, im only making suggestions, and i value any input as
long as its constructive.

> > Gravitron Cannon : This weapon opens up a rift in time and space,
> > creating a localized black hole on the target. The rift is
> very unstable,
> > and will on impact be the size of a normal blast template. In each
> > combat phase, roll a d6. On a roll of
> >
> > 1: The rift collapses in on itself, forcing everything
> under the template
> > area to make a save at -2 or be destroyed. Shielded targets
> lose 1 shield.
> > Unshielded Praetorians/Titans suffer one hit to a random location.
> > 2-3 : The rift stays open, but is very weak, forcing
> everything under the
> > template to make a roll to be able to do anything but hold
> on for dear
> life.
> >
> > The roll is made on a 4+ for infantry and vehicles, 5+ for
> Superheavies
> and
> > Knights, And 6+ for Praetorians and Titans. Shielded units
> lose 1 shield.
> If
> > a unit fails
> > its save, it can do nothing for the rest of the turn
> > 4-5 : The rift stays open, and is very strong. All units
> without saves are
> > automatically destroyed by the gravitational pull. Units
> with saves, make
> > these at a -3 penalty. Shielded targets lose 1 shield. Unshielded
> > Praetorians/Titans suffer d3 hits to random locations.
> > 6 : The rift actually grows to the size of a 12cm diameter
> template. Apply
> > effects
> > from 4-5 at all units under the template.
> >
> > As long as a "1" is not rolled, the rift will be open, and
> the terrain
> will
> > be
> > impassable. It is also impossible to see through or over, due to the
> > fact that the black hole absorbs light.
> >
> > The weapon has a range of 100cms, and needs LOS. After the
> target has been
> > chosen, place a 6cm barrage there, roll on the table above
> and apply the
> > results.
> > This weapon can be fired once per round. Note, this is not a barrage
> weapon,
> > even though a barrage template is used.
>
> _at_@ Don't like this one at all, there are no draw backs, by
> this I mean that
> something is always affected. But the rules also seem
> figgity. Maybe we
> could just give them a larger Mantis missile weapon instead,
> use the 12cm
> template.

I really like the idea of a black hole, but the exact effects
can of course be modified. This is a once per round weapon,
and drawbacks can be added in the table.

> > Implosion Cannon : This is another weapon based on the
> Slann Gravitron
> > Generator. Negatively charged gravitons are fired at a
> target, exposing it
> > to extreme forces. Any unit with a save of 5+ (not fixed)
> or less are
> > automatically
> > destroyed. Shielded (power shields etc. , not holofields)units are
> > unaffected by
> > this attack. This attack can be especially dangerous to units with
> template
> > saves.
> > If the targeted template location (after deviation rolls)
> should fail its
> > save (at a -1d6 modifier, due to the instability of the weapon), 1d6
> random
> > adjacent locations are automatically hit at half the save
> modifier rolled
> > (never less than 1) due to the
> > extreme gravitational forces. If there are less surrounding
> locations than
> > the number rolled, the excess is lost. Super Heavy vehicles
> suffer 1d3
> rolls
> > on the damage table
> > if the save at -1d6 is failed
> >
> > This weapon can be fired 2 times per round and hits on a 4+
> with a save
> > modifier of -1d6. Destroys buildings.
>
> _at_@ way too much power don't like it at all

So, tone down the power. The idea is good i think, and
defending against an implosion is very hard.

Please embellish.

Rune