Re: [NetEpic ML] Snapfire

From: Hellreich <helreich_at_...>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 09:51:54 -0800

Ok Ok lets see if we can clear some things up here so that we may all work
from the same page. SF how it works and why!!
Ok to SF you elect a uit you want to fire on, then you roll all your dice at
that unit. You have a -1 to hit unless the unit is one that ignors this.
Once you have SF you remove the FF marker and may not do anything eles for
the rest of that turn. So one may not fire some weapons as SF, saving some
for later use. It don't work that way.
Dose this clear things up
Ok now for why, Lets say you have a Mech on FF, there is a unit of Beastmen
in charge distance. Now being the Mech player, I know darn well you are
going to charge me and try to tie up my unit. By the rules you are playing I
can do nothing but fire on them really causing me to lose any tatical use of
them. With SF in the game, I could of choose to fire the mechs at something
eles that moved before you charged me. say you moved your Deamon before you
charged, I could say well instead of me losing my FF to the beastmen cause I
know they are going to charge. I will SF on the deamon, causing you to use a
card to save it or even killing it. By forcing you to use a card to save it,
I might even have broke up your idea of using that card on the unit that was
planned to charge my mech.