Rhino Variants

From: Eivind Borgeteien <eivind.borgeteien_at_...>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 03:00:42 +0100

Hi!
The AA units like Scorpions and Thunderfire are hard to come by these days, so I made a rhino/whirlwind variant to substitute these units:

SAM Whirlwind
The SAM Whirlwind is a standard Whirlwind fitted with AA missiles instead of the usual barrage missiles.
Miniature: Use the new GW Whirlwind model.

      Unit Name
     Move
     Save
     CAF
     Weapon
     Range
     Attack Dice
     To hit roll
     Target's save modifier
     Notes

      SAM Whirlwind
     25
     4+
     0
     SAM Launcher
     75 cm
     2
     5+
     -1
     AA unit

Support Card

      Name
     Contents
     Breakpoint
     Morale
     Victorypoints
     Cost

      SAM Whirlwind Squadron
     3 Whirlwinds with SAM Launchers
     2
     2
     2
     150

When I was playing with the costformula, it occured to me that the Rhino in 40K has a much better weapon than the netepic variant. I just had to see what a 40K Rhino would look like in netepic, so this is what I came up with:

Storm Rhino
The Storm Rhino is quite simply an ordinary Rhino with the usual bolter replaced by a storm bolter to provide better close support for the troops.

Miniature: Use the GW Rhino painted to emphasize the bolters or the GHQ M-16
      Unit Name
     Move
     Save
     CAF
     Weapon
     Range
     Attack Dice
     To hit roll
     Target's save modifier
     Notes

      Storm Rhino
     25 cm
     4+
     0
     Storm Bolter
     35 cm
     2
     4+
     -1
     Carries 5 infantry stands

Support Card

      Name Contents Breakpoint
     Morale Victorypoints
     Cost
      Storm Rhino Transport Det
     3 Storm Rhinos
     3
     2
     1
     100

Special Card

      Name Contents Breakpoint
     Morale Victorypoints
     Cost
      Storm Rhino Transport Det
     3 Storm Rhinos to replace 3 Rhinos in a detachment
     +0
     2
     +1
     50

 I hope this can be of use to someone, so I have uploaded these units to the vault.

Please tell me what you think!

Eivind