Re: [NetEpic ML] Re: Robots

From: Daryl Lonnon <dlonnon_at_...>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2001 10:21:56 -0700 (MST)

> robots and deadnoughts should have a better armor save then landraiders but they lost it in epic somehow
>
> and there CC mod and to hit role should be much beter
>
> if a SM hits on a 5+ a robot/dread should hit on a 3+
>
> if a SM +3 CC a robot?dread should have a +6
>
> in 40K a SM hits on a 3+ and a dreadnought hits on a 0+ but 1 is allways a miss
>
> Its just that the stats of the robots and dreads is epic are a lot weeker then their brothers in the other game

I don't know the 40k stats, but my observation is that in epic a stand
of SM is actually 5 space marines, while a dreadnought stand is only
one dreadnought.

So if a SM hits at 66% and a dread hits 100% (in 40k) and both get only
one shot, then 5 SM will hit 3 times while the dread will only hit once.
So epic might give SM better stats in order to represent their greater
numbers.

Something similiar might going on with the CAF stats.

> I robot or dreadnought in 40K can stand 5+ las-cannon shoots and keep on coming and killing

Or not?

DarylL