RE: [NetEpic ML][OT] Warmaster (was Implications of "epic" propor tions)

From: DSIT-EG <BRUNTZ>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 12:05:43 +0200

Weasel Fierce a �crit :

> it is true that much of the rules in Warmaster can be
> explained by the scale
> of the game...although GW as usual do not mention exactly
> WHAT this scale
> is...how much is an infantry base etc.??

It is stated in the rules that a stand may represent hundreds of
men/orcs/dwarves/elves/what you want. Of course this is not very clear but
it gives you a good idea of the scale.

> One thing I lack a bit is proper morale effects reflecting
> differences in
> discipline and morale between troops and races.

This is represented by the command value of the characters. This value not
only represents the qualities of the characters but also the discipline of
the troops. For example : Dwarves have a high command value (10 or 8), their
armies can move easily and this balance the fact that they can't deploy a
lot of units. Orcs have a bad command value (9 to 7), even if there are a
lot of units and characters only a part of the army can move in each
turns...

> Morale as such work really fine with arrows driving back
> units and the fall
> back after combat being based on how badly you lose, but
> there should be
> differences between the bravery and willingness to fight of a
> dwarf and a
> goblin

At this scale it is not very important to know if a unit will make a
withdraw of 5 or 6cm because it is composed by dwarves or goblins. But
during a close assault you'll see a difference between Dwarves and Goblins
as Dwarf Warriors have better chances to win a combat against some Goblins.

> as for your statement of Warmaster being the best GW
> game....that space is
> already taken by Blood Bowl ;)

Did I say "the best"? I should have said one of the best with the Epic game
system. :)
I don't like the American Football so I have some difficulties to find any
interest in Blood Bowl, of course this is only my very humble opinion. :)

Fran�ois Bruntz
La Crois�e des Jeux, le site des jeux par e-mails
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/bruntz/croisee