Re: [NetEpic ML] Flaming for no legitimate reason, and in a "kind er, gentler" way...

From: Eivind Borgeteien <eivind.borgeteien_at_...>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 23:17:40 +0200

Well, Im not quite sure.
Im no expert on the politics of the finns, but they have since WW2 conducted a no-agression policy towards USSR.

If USSR had percieved Finland as a possible build up zone for NATO, I think Finland would find itself to be a province of the USSR, just like it was a province under tsar-russia.

As they are not seen upon as a threat, they where not worth risking WW 3 over. USSR could easily have done what they did to Checkoslovakia to also Finland back in the days.

This is what I meant by the finns being great diplomatics!

Thats me rambling, I might get correctet by Jyrki though....

Eivind