RE: [NetEpic ML] Flaming for no legitimate reason, and in a "kind er, gentler" way...

From: quester <quester666_at_...>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2001 18:40:34 -0700 (PDT)

FYI the US M60 is a copy of the MG42 with a mod here and there it just looks like a different gun on the out side
  Weasel Fierce <septimus__at_...> wrote:

>So? MG42 is probably the best GPMG ever made; high rate of fire combined
>with reliability. IIRC it is still in use in the Bundeswehr, too, but
>re-chambered to 5.56N and maybe modified in some other ways. The name is
>MG3
>nowadays.

Sure thing. Proves that old stuff is not always inferior to the new guns.

The US army still use the Browning .50 cal as their HMG

>In the Finnish armoury there still are at least the Suomi SMGs and old
>rifles to be issued to rear area troops in case of war. When I was at
>reserve NCO school we practiced dismantling of them, but we didn't get to
>shoot with them :( I've always wanted to shoot with a Suomi SMG.

Isnt the current finnish assault rifle based on the AK weapons?

RuneSmith Studio "we bring the art to war"

15 Summit Ave.

Albany, NY. 12209

http://odin.prohosting.com/quester6