Sv: Re: [NetEpic ML] unballanced armies

From: <eivind.borgeteien_at_...>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 15:50:03 +0200

> But you'll find that playing squats this way you'll win some (lots of) games UNTIL some one beats you.

Well, I guess Im doomed....

I would love to see some new squat units, but they have to be within the set boundaries of the squat army. For example, no companies of tanks...

The units have to be usable, for example, I have never used the super heavy apc (dont even remember its name...) I suggest we make it a support card in stead.

I like the idea of a "learning unit," youngsters that are somehwat cheaper and not that good soldiers. It have to be in companysize though, else no one would use it. Maybe this company should have 50% break as they are not so tough as the adult warriors?

Albert; do you want to make a suggestion to such a company? That way we have something more substancial to discuss.

Eivind

> Fra: Albert Farr� Benet <cibernyam_at_...>
> Dato: 2001/05/29 Tue PM 12:45:12 CEST
> Til: <netepic_at_yahoogroups.com>
> Emne: Re: [NetEpic ML] unballanced armies
>
> Well, I agree that squats are difficult to beat, but it depends on the ability of your opponent (and yours, of course). I think that Squats are the easiest army to play. Anyone can take Squats and sit down, start to fire and wipe out anything that comes out of the smoking craters.

Then you'll start losing because your tactic is worn out and your gaming group has found the spoiler for the basic squat tactics. And then you'll have lots of problems to surprise your opponent with a new tactic, because squats are not Eldar nor SM. Squat army is a very unflexible one, even less than IG, because IG at least has a wider choice of different units to allow different possibilities of approaching each game.