RE: RE: [NetEpic ML] Alternative IG units

From: <nils.saugen_at_...>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 09:53:21 +0200

Hi,

Yupp I made those a year or so ago, and they are in the folder. The Tallarn
are probably not a balanced unit but the rest of the troops should be ok.
They are just minor variations over the IG thactical theme. You could
introduce them as a company card, but I suggest that you just use them as
support cards, max one per company of tacticals.

However, I'm not entirely keen on all these new units that has come up in
the last week. I think it is important when we make units for armies that
they are units that will be similar to those that already exsists, not uints
that fill gaps in the specific army list. For instance the Slayer cults and
short beards are wery nice units, but they fill out gaps in the Squat army.
Gaps that shouldn't be filled!

The squats should be few in number, and shouldn't have specialized close
combat units like the Slayers. When Eivind first suggested the salyer cults
in our group. I just thought he was kidding! The Squats should not have this
unit, not as a support card not as a special card or whatever.

The robot company on the other hand could be an interesting one. 1
detachment of robots and a special APC.Three of those to form a company.( I
guess it would cost in the neighborhood of 600 points). The command tank can
override the program, but when the commander is killed, the Robots, may do
nothing for the remainder of that turn, except defend in close combat. The
Next turn the program will take over. I haven't seen any stats for the
special APC. Could someone please post that again. Eivind?

Nils

Nils