Re: [NetEpic ML] On the new squat units

From: <primarch_at_...>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 15:50:38 -0000

Hi!

At that time we were still in the process of revision, alot of nice
ideas got thrown around and any forgotten, because they were not
wanted as core.

Since we are only proposing ptional units and thats how they'll stay
for the great majority of them, any ideas should be revisited and
posted.

So I'd post any and all ideas for critique and streamlining.

Please write these up at your liesure and send them to Tom for
Incoming!

Peter

--- In netepic_at_y..., "Thomas Wildman" <tnrw00_at_p...> wrote:
> I remember suggesting inclusion of the Chaos marines introduced in
40K last
> year or so. They wer called Obliterators or somesuch, and in 40K
could
> vhange their bodies into any heavy weapons available to infantry.
Stats
> might be MV10 CAF 1 Wpn Variable: 2 shot 50cm 5+TH -1 SV Autocannon
>
> 1 shot 75cm 4+TH -2 SV Lascannon
>
> 1 shot 50cm 4+TH -1 SV Hvy Bolter
>
> 1 shot 50cm 4+TH -3 SV Plasma Cannon
> 250 pts for four stands, 3 models per stand
> Last time I suggested them, I was nearly laughed at. Maybe they're
more
> acceptable now?
>
> Tom
>
> > SM chapters has been there all the time. As has most IG, ork and
chaos
> > units. I agree that one could make new units for the squats, as we
have in
> > the past. Hellfury, Gyrokoper Varians, assault tanks and
Grudgekeeper
> > artillery, to name a few. However, I strongly oppose units that
are out ov
> > the Natural order for the squats. Namly cheap infantry (Short
beards) and
> > close assault infantry (Slayers). These are units that eliminates
known
> > weaknesses in the squat army. I know these units will only be
optional,
> but
> > ar things often are once they are there it's hard to deny a player
the
> usage
> > of them. Especially because one might have been using other
optional units
> > in the past.
> >
> > Trygve made an interesting comment last week. If the short squats
should
> > have Shortbeards/Slayers why shouldn't Chaos have some long range
heavy
> > infantry units. The IG could sure use som nifty assault troops
them
> selves,
> > how about some drugcrazed Ogryns with +8 in caf and exoskeleton
armour
> > giving them a fixed save of 4+. How about a Space Marine
Preatorian, Black
> > orks Clans, Eldar aspect warrior companies the list could go on
and on.

> > Poin is: IF IT AINT BROKE DON'T TRY TO FIX IT.
> >
> > Just my 2 kroner.
> >
> > Nils

Let us
> > > change armies for a couple of battles and see how tings works
out!!!!
> > Rather
> > > than to introduce new armies to unbalance the squats. Actually,
> consider
> > > the squats one of the hardest armies to beat!
> > >
> > > Nils

At least