Re: [Epic] Hydra AAA

From: Seth Ben-Ezra <Azathoth_at_...>
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 1996 21:44:52 -0500

On 27 Dec 96 at 17:40, Brett Hollindale wrote:

> Hi guys.
>
> A dude I just played wants to know why I won't let his hydras shoot skimmers
> that are not popping up since they are not "ground targets".
>
> I have read somewhere that Hydras can only shoot skimmers that are "popping up".
>
> Is this true (Hydras can only shoot at Titans, Flyers, troops in buildings
> and skimmers on pop up) or am I deranged?
>
> Agro

I just made an in-depth perusal of the rules. :) The entry in the
Codex Titanicus does not mention skimmers one way or the other (even
for pop-up attacks. I would assume that this was clarified in a Q&A or
WD article). However, IMHO, you are right in prohibiting his Hydras
from firing at skimmers. Unlike flyers, they hug the ground pretty
close (just compare flight stand height) and would therefore count as a
"ground" unit as far as I'm concerned.

Seth Ben-Ezra
Great Wolf