Re: [Epic] chaos champions

From: Spatula <shupes_at_...>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 1997 08:22:26 -0500

> From: acc_at_... (Tony Christney)
>
> >> I assume that everyone agrees that chaos champions aren't command units?
>
> I agree that the chaos marine legion champ is a command unit. After all,
> he is leading space marines, isn't he? The thing that really bugs me
> is that it is nearly impossible to protect the chaos champions. Both
> trolls and beastmen are much less effective without them, hence they
> usually get shot first.

        What happens to beastmen if the champ dies??? I could have
sworn that the Trolls were the only ones that suffered for losing their
champ.

>You can try and hide them, but this seriously
> restricts movement depending on the terrain.

        I think the best thing to do, because of the trolls, is to
institute a house rule that treats them like IG Section HQs - they
aren't command units but are targetted as such. That pretty much
seems to be their purpose anyway. I don't worry about it myself
since my opponents don't bother to single the troll champ out.

Scott
shupes_at_...