Re: [Epic] Psychic Phase [was: Re: Titan Legions]

From: Brett Hollindale <agro_at_...>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 1997 13:56:39 GMT

At 02:36 PM 21/1/97 -0600, you wrote:
>At 14:04 01/21/1997 -0500, you wrote:
>>On Tue, 21 Jan 1997 duckrvr_at_... wrote:
>>
>>> I don't think the weirdboy tower counts as a psychic attack for the psychic
>>> phase. Otherwise it is entirely too powerful. It effectively makes the
>>> weirdboy tower a command unit, which I don't think was ever intended. The
>>> tower bolts work like a relatively normal weapon in every other
>>> circumstance, so why wouldn'tthey do so here?
>>
>>Unfornately because it lists thme in the psychic phase of the rule book so
>>yes they are fired in the psychic phase. A couple of battle towers whith
>>enough stuff surrounding them can almost wipe out an entire army in the
>>first psychic phase...
>
>Then I suggest a house rule. Anyway, if you want to do it that way, I still
>wouldn't let someone on charge orders fire at all. And about the first
>psychic phase, I thought the official ruling was that weirdboys couldn't
>fire in the first turn because they haven't charged up. If they can, then
>they should have to roll for overload during the first orders phase also.
>
>Temp

We use a house rule that allows the Wierdboy to fire in the Psychic Phase if
it ghas FF orders, the advance fire phase if it has advance orders and not
at all if it has charge orders...

What Temp says is correct, they can't fire in the first turn, and no doubt
Brad meant in the first Psychic Phase in which they do fire...

Can you imagine a bunch of wierdboys hiding behind cover (hills or
buildings) in the first round (thus avoiding most of the fire that would
otherwise be directed at them, and then charging out on the second turn to
give themselves good line of sight, and then opening uo in the Psychic Phase?

Agro