Re: [Epic] Cheap Epic - Please read

From: Alan Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 1997 16:04:29 -0800

Alan Brain wrote:

> At Cancon in Australia, they're selling off large quantities of Epic
> boxes (5 sprues per box) for about US $8 each. That's Aust $10.

Then they dropped the price to $5.

Finally on Monday, as I bought another 20 or so boxes, they said "Make
us an offer". I did, they accepted. $200 later, and I had the rest of
them, at least 60 more boxes.

I am going to take the next day or so tabulating how many boxes I got.
Over 150 anyway, of various types.

I have enough to fill all orders received so far, with the following
exceptions:

1) No Imperial Guard
2) No Imperator
3) No Eldar Bikes/Exarchs/Aspect Warriors ( but I have Bulk Guardians
and Gravtanks)

I'm treating all orders sent to me as "non-binding intentions to
purchase, conditional on final working out of payment and postage
arrangements". That is, the orders reserved the boxes, they did oblige
you to buy them.

I intend to sell them at:

Within Australia: Aus $5 plus postage - should come to about $8 each.
New Zealand: Dunno - e-mail me.
UK : L 5, including postage.
USA : $ 10, including postage.
Other : $10 US donated to a humanitarian charity of your choice in your
country (max one box please, I'm currently unemployed!).

That is, at cost plus postage, plus allowance of 20% on international
orders for things getting lost, and me having to re-send them. And for
the inevitable people who take delivery, but don't pay.

Payment options: IOU. That is, at some future time within 12 months, I
will ask you to send a cheque or money order for the full amount you owe
to a firm or individual in your country of origin, along with a
notification that it is to be used to pay ALAN E BRAIN's account.

As for why I took the lot: See this quote from the Warhammer newsgroup.

> According to the price lists of Sean's Trading Post (haven't got the URL
> handy, will post later if there's any interest), many of the
> eight-miniature boxes of plastic miniatures are out of print and
> unavailable.
>
> I was horrified to read this, and upon emailing the Sales staff there, got
> the response that they're going to be packaging them in blisters of two.
>
> Two plastic skeletons in a blister?!

Any bets that Epic 40K will have 1 sprue, say 10 figures, at the cost of
a single WH40K miniature? After all, it's a complete unit - a squad. At
best, you may have 3 squads, 30 figurines, for US $10 or so.

I have an abiding faith in GW.

Oh, BTW, I also aquired 3 land trains, each with 5 Battlecars. They cost
me US 15 each though. Also a leviathan and a Colossus, $15 US the lot. I
think I'll keep them unless someone is really hurtin' for one.

I will publish a list of everything I have, and who reserved what, in
the next 24 hours. Will also mail privately, as I posted to the WH
newsgroup and got a few bites there. People who reserved stuff should
confirm their orders please within 2 weeks. People who think I've made a
mistake, got their reservation wrong or whatever, please accept my
apologies, and tell me what's correct.

---------------------- <> <> How doth the little Crocodile
---------------------- o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo oo oo oo