Re: [Epic] Help me kick the habit (fwd)

From: Gunnar Strand <magician>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 15:04:10 +0100 (NFT)

Forwarded message:
>From ts.umu.se!owner-space-marine Tue Jan 28 07:20:50 1997
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 14:09:58 +0800
To: space-marine_at_...
From: "oki_at_..." <oki@...>
Subject: Re: [Epic] Help me kick the habit
Sender: owner-space-marine_at_...

Message not delivered. Recipients mailbox over quota.

At 03:05 PM 1/28/97 +1000, you wrote:
>>At 04:50 PM 1/27/97 -0600, you wrote:
>
>I would like to give a word of encouragement to all those GW addicts out
>there trying to kick the habit. I am a self-confessed GW addict. No matter
>how much I hate the stupid rules or rulings or get outraged by the
>exhorberant prices, I still went out and wasted money on their stuff. Until
>now. I have kicked the habit. I still get the temptations of "Gee, those
>Chaos Terminators look really nice, maybe I should start a Chaos army for
>40K", but I restrain myself. It is hard. It will take a long time. But
>its better to think of GW as a Wallet Vampire rather than a decent Gaming
>Company. That always helps. I only hope that Epic 40K is no good.
>Otherwise I may need rehabilitation again.

Gee, I hope so. I bought High Elves, Dark Elves, Wood Elves army book (does
that make me a pansy lover ?), Necromunda, blah, blah, blah with absolutely
no intention of playing them and still now have no intention to.

Yup, about those restrain, boy is it hard. This Chinese New Year, one of the
GW shop intends to lower the price by 20-30%. And boy, I have caught myself
a few times eyeing the Chaos 40k Marines and calculating the savings :(

>So remember, fellow addicts, this is an addiction that CAN be kicked! Now
>if I could only get rid of my addiction to Computer Games and Anime........

I am not so hopeful. It is documented that only Mephiston (chief
librarian/vampire) of the Blood Angels managed to hold back the curse of the
Blood Angels. Even then, he succumbed to it from time to time :P. Any other
successful case, so that there may be hope to the rest of us ?

Regards
Oki
p.s. Boy, it does seem funny coming out and saying that one does have an
unhealthy fixation with some game system that is "ripping" one off.

--
Push any key. Then push the any other key.