Re: [Epic] Revenants vs. Warhounds

From: Erik K. Rutins <snowdo1_at_...>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 18:33:20 -0400

> Don't war engines fire after everyone else? When do repairs take
place?

True - so you're not looking for a Leman Russ, but rather 3FP or 2 AT
shots or a Death Ray from another War Engine. If you know the odds,
hopefully you'll have it waiting. I would always try to have something
to shoot after the holofield was down. If we put it in a battle
context, I would try to get the first hit and thus take down the
holofield during the normal shooting phase and then 'clean up' with the
war engines. In this analysis, though, you would need something in
reserve to make sure that the revenant was dead. Otherwise, it could
repair that holo-field (4+ chance) before the next war engine phase.

If anyone would like to sell or give me two revenants and two warhounds
I'll fight this out ten times and report the results. <grin>

Regards,

- Erik

"Look within. Within is the fountain of good, and it will ever bubble
up, if you will ever dig."
- Marcus Aurelius