Re: [Epic] Heroes and Dogs of War

From: Sean A. Upchurch <sau_at_...>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 1997 08:45:55 -0700 (PDT)

> "Erik K. Rutins" <snowdo1_at_...> writes:
> > > One of the old one-shots missiles that got lumped
> > > into the current Vortex missile. If you hit an enemy
> > > titan with one there was a chance you would get control of
> > > that titan.
> >
> > So a reaver assumed control over an Imperator? Wow. I'm even more
> > impressed. Did this missile ignore shields?
>
> I think so. Doesn't it also only hit on a 3+, have to make
> some other set of rolls to try to control it, and only have a 25cm
> range unless Deathstrike mounted?
>
> Mark

Harpoon Missile [2nd Ed Space Marine/3rd Ed EPIC]

Unlimited Range, auto-hit. Makes the perfect "sniper" weapon. Target takes
a armor save at a -2 which is respectable but not great. If the target is
a titan which fails the armor save then the firing takes control of the titan.
Roll at the end of the turn and the missile falls out on a '1'. It is one
shot and does not ignore void shields.

Hope that clears things up a bit!

Sean U