Re: [Epic] Magnus the Red

From: Oki Purwanto <oki_at_...>
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 1997 02:45:24 +0800

At 03:44 PM 7/28/97 -0400, you wrote:
>> Move Assault Armor Special
>> ==== ======= ===== =======
>>Magnus the Red 15cm 6!!! 6 Save, Psyker, Skimmer,
>> Commander
>>
>> 58 points (includes the commander skill)
>>
>> Pretty bland, huh? And that assault of 6 is really
>>pitiful for someone who used to be the equal of a KoS and
>>better than GUOs and LoCs (which are all now assault 8) in CC.

This is kinda late, but here's my 1 cent worth.

Actually, I always think that the traitor primarchs are pretty wimpy - even
in the 2nd edition. Perhaps as somebody mentioned, GW might do these
primarchs up when the Chaos miniatures are release - though this is not
likely, seeing how Hive Tyrants and Greater Daemons have been "downgraded".

I think the keyword to watch out for Magnus, Angron and so on, is that these
guys are not just Daemon Princes, but rather Daemon Primarchs. Normal human
- if somebody who managed to butcher, bluff his way to the basest of human
nature can be called normal :) - becomes merely Daemon Princes.

They get extra powers but generally are not as powerful (just a little less)
than Greater Daemons. However the Primarchs started on a much higher base
than Daemon Princes, ie. Primarchs will beat the heck out of any human (no
matter how skill, powerful). When the Primarchs succcumbed to Chaos, I would
think that the power promised and given to them would make them more than a
match for any Greater Daemons. Witness Angron, Daemon Primarchs of Khorne
and WorldEaters. In the 1st battle of Armageddon, he was the supreme
commandeer of the Chaos force. He had a retinue of twenty (!) BloodThirsters
as his bodyguards ! OK! It might be jumping to conclusions to say that he is
very much superior to a BloodThirsters, but I would think that retinue does
seem to point that Daemon Primarchs are indeed much more valuable than
Greater Daemons.

Comments ?

Regards
Oki