Re: [Epic] Adeptus Mechanicus Lists

From: Paul Collins <pcollins_at_...>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 1997 11:00:10 +1000

> Richard
> Who knows the power of cataphracts from his historical wargames
> dabblings.
I don't know about historical, but our local New Varangian Guard (A
Byzentine re-enactment group) is currently working on a Kataphracti (sp?)
unit. Basically, Scale armor over Chain armor over a Gambeson. Armed with
sword and kite shield. No horse's though, too hard to do any fighting).
With an average size of about 6' and weight of about 100Kg, we're refering
to them as the Tanks. A flying wedge from these guy's will punch through
anybody.