Re: [Epic] Hero of the Day

From: Stephen Sheldon <stephes_at_...>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 1997 12:54:08 -0700 (PDT)

> But they're also only 50 points, I think. From what I hear,
> if you slap Ablative armor on a Rhino and put it in front of your Land
> Raider/Predator/something useful, it is pretty much guaranteed to soak
> up the first two Lascannons that are fired, since you have to shoot at
> the closest target.

If you have a land raider or predator, chances are the lascannon is going
their way. For some reason everyone I play assesses the threat of a
predator as being much higher than an assault squad in a rhino. I guess
half of it is because they don't know the contents, which raises a
strategy point. Why can you not spend 7pts and buy just a rhino and not
put anything in it (There are ways to get empty rhinos, but I want an
explicit way) With extra rhinos, you can force your opponent to redirect
his fire or split it, minimizing infantry casualties for very little
cost. 10 rhinos for 70pts is cheap and very expendable, where as 10
rhinos with a company of marines is expensive and deadly. Field them
both, and which one does he shoot? He could take his chances with one
det. and risk having the wrong one, or he could split his fire, either
way the marine player has the upper hand.

Steve

--
When you dream there are no rules, people can fly, anything can happen.
Sometimes, there's a moment as you're waking, that you become aware of