Re: PAINTING, was Re: [Epic] quoting articles, picture question

From: Sauron1 <sauron1_at_...>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 1997 23:26:46 -0400

----------
> From: Stephen Sheldon <stephes_at_...>
> To: space-marine_at_...
> Subject: PAINTING, was Re: [Epic] quoting articles, picture question
> Date: August 8, 1997 2:44 PM
>
> > I'm going to try to get some pictures, taken using a camera on a
> > computer here at work. The question is, does anybody want to see
> > other people's paint jobs when they aren't something special? I
> > wouldn't think about painting skulls on shoulder pads, or any kind
> > of symbol. But I'm proud of them, just because they're better
> > than anything I've done before. I'd have to send 'em to someone
> > with a website for temporary display, but I don't know whether it
> > is worth it if my paint jobs aren't beyond the norm.
>
> I would love to have a gallery type web site. If I could All I would do
> is showcase peoples work, I think painting is one of the major components

> of the game, I personally have been painting for many years, and although

> it sounds like I am tooting my own horn, I know I am one of the best,
> certainly in Vancouver, the only reason because of this is because I know

> that painting is a part of playing the game, and I spend a lot of time
> doing it, I never rush anything (I just spent 3 hours painting an epic
> weirdboy and 4 boyz). Yes it takes forever, and yes it is worth it, I
> think if there was a website that showed work of all calibres, then maybe

> more people would realise the importance of painting, even if you are a
> novice, then a lot can be learnt too. Most people have GW pictures to go
> from, which is one style, with little variety (I remember when it used to

> be a mixed bag in 'eavy metal).
> Sorry for tooting my own horn and dragging on a little....
> steve
>
> --
> When you dream there are no rules, people can fly, anything can happen.
> Sometimes, there's a moment as you're waking, that you become aware of
> the real world around you, but you're still dreaming.
> You may think you can fly, but you better not try it

Sauron1 writes.Stephen, I have hundreds of Epic figures and War machines
but paint up to only a WarGame standard.I appreciate a good paint job,but
do not have the time or patience for it.A member of my club is the current
North American Military Figure painting champion.I have sixteen brigades of
American Civil War 15mm figures but they are all just various shades of
blue or grey.I agree our hobby is as mutch visual as tactical and a well
paintted 25mm army is a real show. sauron1