Re: [Epic] killing Squat Overlord gunships

From: The Unknown Dwarf <leffewbe_at_...>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 1997 20:42:45 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 29 Jan 1997, Teras I. Cassidy wrote:

> Aaron how about shooting an Eldar Doomweaver at the Overlord? If the
> webs hit 50 per cent of the model then it gone. No save. No roll on it
> save chart. Nothing. The little men just get cut to pieces. This method
> has a way better chance of taking the #*&^!_at_# down.

Actually, it would STILL get to roll on the chart since it's technically
not a save... and it also gets it's chance to move out of the way... i'm
sure some people would would think the web wouldn't allow to roll (it says
roll when hit, it's not a save) and some people would think you still roll
on the chart... i can see it going either way... i would probably play it
that you don't get to roll, but technically i read the rules as you do.
Besides, the webs deviate anyway...

Brad Leffew
Orc DeathDealers Team Coach
Squat Warlord/Space Marine/Knight Commander
King of WHFB Bretonnia Army (newly aquired, love the models)
High King of WHFB Dwarf Army

"If we deny love that is given to us, if we refuse to give love because we
fear the pain of loss, then our lives will be empty, our loss greater.
        -Tanis Half-Elven "Dragons of Winter Night" by Margaret Weis

Clarkson University
leffewbe_at_...