Re: [Epic] Mighty Empires (off-topic posts)

From: Andy Skinner <askinner_at_...>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 1997 07:49:09 -0500

Oki Purwanto wrote:

> Sauron1 writes:
> >left field.The who is Sauron1 was not my start.Recently there was a post
> >about mixing dullcoat with wash for a good effect. I have not heard of this
> >before an have talked to quite a few painters, and is one of the resons I
> >stay. sauron1
> >

> Just a quick check. Does GW has a transparent (doh!) matte ? Or do I need to
> get Tamiya or some other brands' acrylic range ?

I don't know about GW. If you're asking about a matte to mix with
thinned paint for a wash, of course you want a brush on. If you're
looking just to coat things, a spray is easier, though I suppose
you know that.

I'm using a dull coat by ... hmm, I forget. It might even be
Testor's. The person who first recommended the technique to me
used Floquil Polly S.

I do need a matte spray, though I only use it to dull down the
gloss spray I put on to protect the minis.

andy
askinner_at_...