Re: [Epic] Chaos? Cheese?

From: John A Chapman <jac_at_...>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 14:19:42 +1100 (EST)

> > have bolt pistols. Why do they still get the 50cm range?
>
> A bigger factor in my mind has always been that tactical marines wear
> power armor and scout marines don't. I think the scouts should only have
> a CAF of +1. This would allow their genetic enhancement to put
> them above normal mean in CC, but keep them below marines in power
> armor. Armour doesn't give marines any kind of save, shouldn't it
> be good for *something*?

        Youd think so wouldnt you. However I could justify the CAF because
they have pistols (ie better at short range than bolters I guess......) but
the 50 range with bolt pistols is a little funny - great they lose their
'long renge markmanship too'... :)

> As for the second half of the quoted paragraph, I think that all GW
> employees should be forced to chant the following mantra:
>
> "Fixing mistakes solves problems;
> Leaving mistakes creates problems."
>
> until it sinks in.
        Theyre too busy chanting 'Make the suckers buy new models' :)