Re: [Epic] Painting the little guys

From: <Foggddm_at_...>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 09:35:37 -0400 (EDT)

<< ep, that's a fair description of the Russian army in WW2, broad but fair.
  Their airforce did
 mount a significant bombing campaign against Germany though. I watched a
 show on the
 Soviet air force that said the Soviets dropped more bomb tonnage on Germany
 than the combined
 air forces of the US and UK. I don't have any hard figures so I can't give
 source. I always felt the orks
 were based on Americans. Big noisy guns that just need to be fired.
  Vehicles just spilling
 polution into the air. Always going to war. Showing up at just the right
 and wrong times. Constant
 tinkering. I thought that was an outsiders view of America. So in my mind
 Orks = Americans ;)
 John, proud to be a native of the Land of the Squig and Home of the Whaaagh

 Personally, I like the russian explanation better for figthing style, but
 yours for fluff and descritption.(Orks were sort of happy-go lucky warriors
 who didn't care what happend as long as
 they had a good fight). I've always loved the character of the orks. They
 were my first army. >>

I've always felt the orks felt more like japanese, massed waves (banzai),
modified vehicles, assault tactics.
WWII comparisons IMHO...
Imperial guard= Russians
Eldar = British