Re: [Epic] Heh..new imperial unit:

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 1997 10:19:01 -0400 (EDT)

Ken Taborek <oberon_at_...> writes:

> > > Not all armed? As in bolters? But they _all_ have explosive collars,
> > > right?
> >
> > 1 in 6 has their backpack filled with inert material and a free pardon.
> >
> So, on top of that heavy and _very_ unstylish explosive collar, they have
> to carry around a backpack full of inert material? The Imperium is just
> too cruel!

        I got the impression that 1 in 6 failed to detonate due to a
malfunction in the collar, or some other sort of accidental failure to
detonate. If it happens to be inert material that causes the failure,
it was done by accident, IIRC. And the free pardon wasn't anything
verbal or in writing, it just sort of happened. It also frequently
didn't matter, as it meant that you were now in melee with, say, a
Genestealer when you discovered that the bomb failed to explode.

Mark