Re: [Epic] Canada in Epic

From: Antony Van Der Linden <Antony.VanDerLinden_at_...>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 1997 09:16:09 +1000 (EST)

On Mon, 18 Aug 1997, Eugene E.W. wrote:

<snip>
> > > They surrendered along with the rest of the British garrison in Hong
> Kong.
> > > Apparently they, and the Australians, were the defenders who offered
> the
> > > most resistance.
> >
> > Again, good troops betrayed by poor leadership. Very poor, in this case
>
> True enough, although it must be said that the Commonwealth forces'
> inexperience with jungle fighting was another nail in the coffin.

        I didn't think that anyone had experience of jungle fighting at
that stage of the war apart from the Japanese and some of the local
forces (ie the Malays themselves, though I don't think there were many of
them at all were there? and they would have been pretty green I imagine
(talking about Singapore here not Hong Kong))

Thanks,
        Tony.

 Tony VanDerLinden - |
 E-mail: |