Re: [Epic] Dune Epic 40K units

From: Tyler Provick <bprovick_at_...>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 11:15:41 -0400

At 10:08 PM 8/21/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Christian Nielsen wrote:
>
>> Hehe... Won't you like it when I tell you
>> that I have made rules for Sandworms (HARD to kill,
>> transporting CC war engines), and they will go with a
>> House Atreides detachment (with Fremen etc.)
>
>Interesting.
>
>I have an EPIC scale Sandworm, an old model from Revell.
>
>It could easily swallow a Warhound whole, and barely would
>have to chew a Reaver Titan. A Warlord just about fits in
>the gaping mouth, but wouldn't go down the throat, except
>lengthways.

What's worse, you can't kill sandworms with lasguns, they're immune to the
heat. That's the major tank-busting weapon in WH40K and I reckon it's the
same in Epic.
Of course, Canadians could kill sandworms no problem. (We invented the
"Water Bomber" to fight forest fires)

I assume you must definatly be playing pre-Leto II Dune, because after the
scattering the planet Arrakis is totally destroyed, and the laandsrad has
been gone since the end of Leto II reign.

I think that's basically why the books never made it into games, and why
no-one has made a Role Playing Game about it with much success. The Galaxy
was not big enough for there to be isolated areas not affected by Atreides
power. And when it was big enough, all that was left was an Imperial Army
and the Bene Gesserit fighting against the Honered Matres who were fleeing
some big nasty evil thing that you don't hear much about.

Tyler