RE: [Epic] EPIC scale in 40K

From: Chris White <chris_at_...>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 1997 09:04:18 -0700

>-----> Call me cranky, curmudgeonly, or whatever, but I had a real
>problem
>with these things. Yeah, they look cool enough, but for a while we had a
>plague
>of people wanting to actually use them in 40K. The Cannons of Khorne,
>the Falcons
>etc. OK- normal tank/artillery sized stuff I can deal with,

        Yeah, the Titans were a bit unreasonable to use, which made the prices
seem absurd ($300+ American for a Gargant?!?). But I've gotta say, armored
transport for Eldar in 40K makes them a whole new army...

 but the
>super-heavies and the
>titans are far more suited as TERRAIN than as part of your army. For one
>thing,
>the scale is off- they should have been a lot bigger. Number 2, How
>often in your Epic
>games did a some infantry stands and maybe 1 or 2 tanks take out a
>reaver? Really
>now...? I can see a 40K battle to "defend" a crippled titan, or take the
>wreckage
>of a fallen titan, or to hold off an aasault while a titan is busy
>blasting something
>"way over dere", but "Your 3000 pts of orks vs my titan and assorted
>support" is
>just wrong in 40K.
> Did like "Chuk"'s closing comments - that's about all they're good for
>IMO,
>and that "all miniatures" comment is good. "Ok, let me pull my VW bug in
>here,
>and that's my Capitol Imperialis." Heck, if they wanna get nuts, put
>some
>trashcans on your legs, and your cityscape table on your back, and go
>"look - I'm
>an Imperator".
>
>Chris Miller
>....hmm, live action Epic scale...hmmm...

        Well, okay, but only if I get to use my chainfist...

        And you'd need really flexible people to be 'Nid Titans!

Nickles