Re: [Epic] killing Squat Overlord gunships

From: <kx.henderson_at_...>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 1997 09:22:47 +1000 (EST)

>> Am I to understand that this means you can't target an overlord with shokk
>> attack gunz?
>
>Yes, this is exactly what is meant.
>
>> What on earth did they offer as a logical reason for this?
>
>The very logical fact that flinging someone at an object and hoping
>that they land close enough to engage that object in HTH is a very
>*bad* idea when said object is hundreds of feet off the ground!
>
>(snotlings don't fly...)

Sorry, but I don't agree with this. I've fired at an OverLord before with
my Shokks with the full consent of my opponent. If the Snotlings missed in
anyway at all, then they fell to their deaths. Otherwise they either tried
to tear the Overlord apart or they materialised inside its structure and the
physical law that no two particles of matter can occupy the same point in
space at the same time came into play and the thing blew up. We both
thought it was fair and it was also the only target this particular SAG
could see and shoot at. I laughed very hard when I rolled a "Hit" and a
double six. We still play with those rules for them (I've never hit the
buggers again! Can you say skydiving snotlings?).

-Kelvin.....

           "Two weeks ago I had it made.
             Two weeks ago I was dead."
          -Katchoo, Strangers in Paradise