Re: [Epic] Brushes

From: Mark A Shieh <SHODAN+_at_...>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 1997 14:28:34 -0400 (EDT)

"Kelley, Kevin J., JCS" <kevin.kelley_at_...> writes:

> I buy brushes at "artists" supply stores or craft stores that sell oil
> paints, canvas, palletttes stuff like that.

        Yeah, that's where I buy them these days. I discovered that I
actually paint the best with white nylon brushes, not sable. There's
not much difference, except the sable brushes are more expensive. But
the bottom line is, no matter how good my brush is it will still take
me far too much time to paint the sand between my infantry's legs
without turning their boots green than it's worth. <pause for breath>

> Also artists inks which put the GW ones
> to shame. They are made with shellac, and have quite brilliant colors.

        I had heard rumors that some of these fade with time and
sunlight. I've seen a couple cases of this actually happening, but it
was with a drawing, not miniatures. Does anyone know which inks don't
have problems, or which ones definitely do?

Mark