Re: [Epic] battle report

From: <Foggddm_at_...>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 1997 12:23:04 -0400 (EDT)

Any comments?

To: Inquisitor Lord Tarren,
From: Chief Librarian Russell
Subject: Battle =
at Xaxas

My lord, I am happy to report that our marines performed ideally. The Eld=
ar were forced off the planet and Xaxas is secure. I have inluded an accou=
nt of the battle. I was fighting alongside and commanding Force Russell. =
Here is my report on the battle...

A detachment of Eldar Jetbikes any Vipers roared across the battlefield to=
ward us. The whirlwinds of Force Russell turned to face them. The rest of=
 the Eldar army advanced steadily forward. The Eldar Phantom titan travers=
ed 5th Avenue, completely ignoring cover. The Eldar around the Phantom too=
k cover behind buildings along 11th Street. The Eldar scouts hid inside a =
building, ready to fire on any marines who moved too close. The marines of=
 Force Dennis moved forward to intercept the Eldar. The Eldar jetbikes sac=
rificed their firepower for speed, a big gamble. But they stayed out of ou=
r range. The other Eldar charged forward unexpectedly, moving ever closer =
to firing range.
Soon after, Imperial Thunderbolts and Marauders swooped =
down and attacked the Phantom, to no avail. The remaining fighters and bom=
bers dropped out of the sky long enough to kill 6 Eldar Jetbikes. The surv=
iving Jetbikes attemped to close with Force Russell, but we stayed sharp an=
d held them away. The Eldar Wave Serpents closed and lost 1 to incoming fi=
re. One infantry unit inside was killed, but the other escaped in time. F=
orce Dennis moved toward the Eldar Wave Serpents, preparing to attack. For=
ce Russell backed up, but keeping in range of the Eldar Jetbikes. We let l=
oose on the enemy Jetbikes, destroying 2 in a massive volley of explosions=
. The Land Raiders of Force Russel fired, killing an additional 6. The Te=
rminators in Force Russell killed none of the last 2 Vipers. The Eldar Wav=
e Serpents fired on Force Dennis, forcing them to take cover. The Fire Pri=
sms attacked with ferocity, destroying 2 Razorbacks, a rhino, the infantry =
inside the Rhino, and a Land Speeder. Force Dennis returned fire, killing =
6 infantry, 3 Wave Serpents, and 4 Fire Prisms. The remaining forces in Fo=
rce Dennis fired on the titan with no effect. The Eldar dreadnoughts on th=
e right flank attacked The Black Knights, destroying 2 Predators. The scou=
ts hiding in the building fired, destroying nothing. The Land Raiders and =
2 Dreadnoughts of the Black Knights returned fire, killing 2 scouts inside =
the building. The Phantom fired its Pulsars and Weapons battery, but only =
managed to kill 1 Land Raider. The Jetbikes gambled on a firefight, and am=
azingly broke Force Russell, and killing 1 Terminator squad. We we so supr=
ised by their action, it caught us unawares, and were forced to fall back. =
 The Eldar engaged Force Dennis in a firefight, destoying 1 bike unit, and =
forcing them to fall back also. The Avatar, Exarchs, and Phantom advanced.=
  The Scouts and Dreadnoughts advanced, catching The Black Knights in a fir=
efight, but the Black Knights held. One scout was destroyed and the rest o=
f the Eldar detachment fled.
Our marines rallied and braced themselves for =
an attack. Our Devastators disembarked from their transports as they prepa=
red to fight. The Eldar Wave Serpents and Fire Prisms picked up troops and=
 fled as far as possible. The Avatar and Exarchs moved forward cautiously,=
 Their Phantom moved up a little further, still undamaged. The Eldar Dread=
noughts moved in to flank on the right, but are stopped by a volley of fire=
. The Dreadnoughts destroyed 2 Land Raiders. The whirlwinds blasted 2 of =
the Exarchs, and the great Avatar was gone after the smoke cleared. 2 of o=
ur Land Raiders of Force Russell finished of the Vipers, and the others bla=
sted the remaining Exarchs. 3 Land Raiders fired on the Phantom, breaking =
the Holo-Field twice, damaging the Left Wing and the Holo-Field. 4 Devasta=
tors, and 2 dreadnoughts of the Black Knights finished it off resulting in =
a massive explosion. The remaining Eldar retreated, and the day was won.
E=
ldar Casualties: 1 detachment of Jetbikes and Vipers, 4 exarchs, Avatar, an=
d Phantom, the rest retreating.
Imperial Casualties: Minimal, no detachment=
s lost.

Well, my lord, I think you will be most pleased, I will be in touch.
Chief=
 Librarian Russell