RE: [Epic] Dune Epic 40K units

From: Tyler Provick <bprovick_at_...>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 1997 15:39:45 -0400

>I sense a "Dune stuff is better" opinion on that end, and that's fine,
>but the background and units of the two don't mix that well unless
>you concede that there are some weaknesses on both sides. Sure,
>the worms were really nasty in Dune. Fine. In the 40K universe,
>there a big target with no ranged attacks which are restricted to a
>single planet. Against an Ork invasion, they're great. Against
>the Eldar, Chaos, or a stand-off virus bombing by people who
>don't give a damn about any "spice", they ain't much...
>
>Chris Miller

Dune fans know this Chris, hell Arrakis was destroyed in the last book. And
no, they are not restricted to one planet. Because of Leto II sacrafice it
is now possible to take a sandworm, kill it to get sandtrout, and they will
slowly colonize a planet and turn it into a desert. If you don't know what
is causing said colonization, it could be an excellent biological weapon
(Slow as hell though)

As for killing them, I'm sure they have squirt guns in the 41st Millenium.
Imagine, Orks walking around with the big supersoakers strapped to their
backs, driving around in firetrucks, and borrowing some Canadian Waterbombers.

Tyler