RE: [Epic] Dune Epic 40K units

From: Tyler Provick <bprovick_at_...>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 1997 20:15:38 -0400

>-----> Well now we have a justifiaction for Ork Wetboyz...
>Or take a Scorcher and fill it with water...
>
>I could see some kind of use for "dangerous lifeform" minis for a
>deathworld
>scenario, but I think the worms would be a little much. Maybe for a
>special
>deal, like the old "star destroyer vs battlestar galactica or the
>Enterprise" stuff
>you used to see at cons - just work up some special rules...
>
>Chris Miller

Personally, I think comparing that sort of think is bunk anyway. There is
always going to be differing opinions no matter what. Sure it can be fun,
but sometimes people just don't want to let go. Like the time on the Heavy
Gear ML, this guy kept on saying how good an ogre is. There is no Ogres in
HG, but everytime I found a weakness in his already extensive list of
abilities, he would add an upgrade. It got to the point where I said forget
it, no one wants to hear about it. But he wouldn't listen, he kept on
listing stats, even though it wasn't part of the original thread. Eventually
I called for a Dual (Where two Gears fight, sometimes to the death, or
sometimes to settle arguements.) He backed down, and the Ogre thread
eventually sank to the depths of forgetfullness.

Actually, the arguement here has been so civil that I don't think it can
rightly be called an arguement. All sides are willing to listen to the
other, even offering reasons why their favorites may not be as good as the
others favorites. I am a huge Dune fan, but I'm not constantly saying how
worms are indestructable. The only thing they are good for is producing
spice, and occasionally using a transport into battle. You cannot just bring
them to another planet, because if it rains, it really ruins their day. As
for Sadaukar, sure they're good fighters, but only in hand-to-hand. Same as
for Fremen and most of the military of all the other houses. I mean, I'm
sorry to say, that they Eldar or Space Marines would wreck them. Take into
the fact that Dunians don't allow computers, you have all sorts of trouble.
Throw in Miles Teg, and maybe you've got a fighting chance.

Tyler

I just like talking about Dune for the fun of it