[Epic] A BIG Game

From: Sauron Moridor <sauron1_at_...>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 1997 12:17:12 -0400

Sauron1 writes; On the weekend my sons and I ran an Epic2nd with, Titan
Legions changes, game at our clubs 18th Wargames con. The terrain was two
standard banquet tables wide with a dark gray cloth. The tables were
covered with my collection of Epic buildings. Older SM1 card buildings of
many types covered most of the tables, with a city core area of three sets
of the large apartment buildings from SM2 set around two sets of Imperial
buildings from the newer Titan Legions game. The buildings were in most
cases set too close for Titan base passage and sometimes wide enough. It
was from the time of the Horus Heresy as The forces engaged per side were
nine 20 stand SM companies separated into three chapters composing one
Battle and two Tactical companies. Each chapter had 20 rhinos and 10
LandRaiders with two sets of three whirlwinds for direct support. Two
pairs of Warhounds with a Reaver in support for each pair were immediately
available with Warlords arriving randomly per dice roll. The game, with
ever changing new players running both sides lasted from 10 am to
noon,continued from 1 PM to 4 PM Saturday and from 10 am to noon Sunday.The
Imperials used jump troops to move from building to building and their
devistator stands caused great carnage to the Chaos forces until the chaos
Whirlwids created havoc with repeated excellent building hits to clear a
way for their bankrolled. The Bankrolled almost won the day except in the
end he got too cocky, got his shields knocked down taking on the two pairs
of Warhound beyond support , and when he defeated their support Reaver in
CC, got caught in its reactor failure. The good guys squeaked a win.
sauron1