RE: [Epic] Dune Epic 40K units

From: Tyler Provick <bprovick_at_...>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 10:16:41 -0400

At 12:21 PM 8/26/97 -0500, you wrote:

>>Concur. Of course, if either where anything like reality, a swift B-61
>>dialed to 250 Kilotonnes would also do wonders.

>------> Nukes. They just solve so many problems...

Why waste them on worms? If people had been listening to what I was saying.
Worms are resistant to heat, I don't know the properties of a nuke, but I
think radiation burns would be a good indication that it is a heat weapon.
Plus a worm can burrow underneath the surface. Besides, which is cheaper,
water, or nukes (Dune fans don't answer that) As I said before, worms are
killed by water. As for the expense of water, why kill the worm at all? They
produce the spice, so when you win the battle, you want them (Spice
increases life, and awareness, plus is essential to space travel. No spice,
no space.

So I say to you, take a 'thopter, fly out over the battlefield, away from
the fighting, far away from the fighting, and drop a shield. Every worm on
the planet will come running, doesn't matter if they are being ridden or
not. As long as you have a thopter dropping shields, leading the worms
furthur and furthur away, there is no problem. You won't get all the worms
on the planet, but worms are territorial. That is the reason they attack, so
you get all the worms out of the territory you are fighting in, and that's that.

Or give everyone jump packs, including the tanks

Tyler>