[Epic] Eldar titans for sale/auction

From: Andy Skinner <askinner_at_...>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 13:18:51 -0500

I was bidding against Sauron1 (c'mon, guy, you've got a million
titans already! Just kidding :-) for a Phantom titan in the auction
that had been going on here. After I bid $17, I regretted it, since
it occurred to me that even if the new ones cost $30, I could get
one discounted to around $20 by mail-order. But someone else outbid
me there, whew!

Then, I saw a news posting that had 4 Eldar Titans, all with no
bidders, still at the minimum bid of $10. I sent in a bid, and
was very surprised when I got a message later that the auction
was now closed (after my bid had been taken). I had assumed
it was a new auction, with titans at $10, but I seemed to have
lucked out. So I got two.

That means there are two available. I don't have experience with
this person, Crusader29, but I've seen that name on newsgroups
and such for a long time, so I don't expect any problems. I asked
whether he/she would like me to mention it here, and he/she said
yes, so I am.

I do not know whether Crusader29 would like to do another auction,
or just sell them. So please contact him/her and express interest,
and he can work that out. I asked him to decide whether he would
sell or auction them now, so you'll either get one for $10, be told
they're gone (only two left), or be told that he'll hold an auction.
I think he could hold another, because the first auction is officially
closed.

I do not stand to profit from this. I just know that a bunch of
Eldar titans were auctioned here recently, and not everyone got
one, and these are cheap.

thanks,
andy
askinner_at_...