Re: [Epic] Q&A Question...

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 1997 19:24:55 -0400

Erik K. Rutins wrote:

> > 2. Place a number of blast markers equal to the number of barraging
> units on
> > the target detachment. These templates may overlap however the
> barraging player
> > wishes, but each must be within range of a barraging unit.
>
> I don't know where that blast marker interpretation came from, but
> definitely forget that.

        I think he meant barrage template.

> According to Jervis, you do in fact place one template. Anything in
> range of the template can fire. As far as I can tell, your example is
> correct. This is also different from the way I had read it in the
> rules, which I _thought_ allowed the placement of multiple templates.
> I'll be playing it per Jervis' suggestion from now on, though.

        Feh, Jervis' statement pretty much contradicts
the already-clear rules. These guys don't know the
rule books by heart - there's plenty of examples from
the old Q&As where Jervis and/or Andy gave incorrect
answers. The Q&As are good for clearing up grey areas
but don't (in my mind) override the printed rules unless
they say, "yeah this isn't what it says in the books but
we got it wrong there."

        BTW, what is this from? I don't remember Allen
posting the new set of Q&As yet.

Scott
shupes_at_...