Re: [Epic] The ages of Warhammer was mixing (long)

From: Tyler Provick <bprovick_at_...>
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 1997 01:07:01 -0400

At 12:26 AM 9/1/97 -0400, you wrote:

>Excerpts from Epic: 30-Aug-97 Re: [Epic] The ages of Warh.. by Tyler
>Provick_at_intranet.c
>> >Interesting... what's your basis for the breakdown between the second
>> >and third age? Granted, GW has been concentrating on the Tyranids more
>> >than Chaos of late, but the Chaos Codex introduced Abbadon and probably
>> >some others, so I really doubt that the Age of the Apostate is over.
>>
>> It is the Information age,
>
>The information age?
>
>>but some countries are still trying to get
>> Industrialized.
>
>Countries? Do you mean planets? If so, no, they don't tend to. All
>the Imperium wants off most worlds is people, and some need to provide
>food. Any worlds that are on their way to high industry, they'll let it
>develop, but it's too hard to try and monitor all the technology on
>discovered worlds. Many worlds are, for example, feudal in nature, and
>the Imperium doesn't try to change this... it simply contacts the high
>leaders on the planet, explains their situation to them, and
>periodically shows up with Inquisitors (dressed-down, one assumes) to
>look for psykers and gather men for an Imperial Guard reigment.

I guess you didn't read what I wrote before you snipped Aaron. Gee that
annoys me when people do that. I was comparing the GW ages to that of our
ages. I was proving that it could not be the age of Chaos, and still have
Chaos as a major player in galactic issues. I stated that we are in the
Information Age, but there are still countries that have barely reached
Industrialized Status, which was what made the Industrial Age.

Tyler