RE: [Epic] Terrain

From: Chris Pinson <chrisp_at_...>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 1997 11:30:57 +0930

Thanks for the prompt reply.

        I really like method 2. What I might do is d=
o majority of the construction then glue the newspaper on to stop the balsa=
 warping from the glue.

        Cheers.

On Tue, 2 Sep 1997, Chris Pinson wrote:
=

> I am creating some terrain out of balsa wood but I want it sanded very
>=
 smooth to remove all traces of the grain.

> I heard somewhere that ther=
e was a varnish type material which would
> coat the wood and provide a smo=
oth finish after sanding. Am I imagining
>things ???

thats the one rott=
en thing about balsa wood, the grain, and how to fill
it.

method 2

cut ou=
t newspaper the size of the balsa wood, and spread some white
glue on the b=
alsa. wet the newsprint, and press onto balsa. let dry,
sand lightly. spray=
 prime. let dry, sand, repeat.