Re: [Epic] Re: Chaos Marines vs. Everybody

From: Francois Bruntz <fbruntz_at_...>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 1997 07:49:28 PDT

Aaron wrote :

>Excerpts from Epic: 2-Sep-97 [Epic] Re: Chaos Marines vs.. by
>"Francois
>Bruntz"_at_hotmai
>[All races fighting a common enemy]
>> This is true until the Tyranid threat becomes more important. When
>> the Hive Fleets will become really dangerous for the immediate
>> survival of all races, these races will have to ally in order to
>> destroy the bugs by a coordinated action. Within the contex of
>>this, I
>> can't see how Chaos Space Marines would be able to ally with the
>>other
>> races (except for Orks)...
>
>As I said earlier, I don't think it's necessary for the troops to go
>shoulder to shoulder; what you'd end up with is 'high-level'
>strategic
>meetings between the upper echilons of the different forces, you
>know,
>the ones who can see the bigger picture and act accordingly (ie, not
>just slaughter the other commanders). Guess this leaves the Orks
>out of
>it, but the others can just point 'em in a given direction and let 'em
>loose. ^_-

I understand very well your point of view but I must admit that I'm
not really convinced... I'm sorry! Don't hurt me!!!!! :o)
Can you imagine a 'high-level' strategic meeting between Ragnar and
Magnus without any slaughter? ;)
I can easily see a coordinate action from Imperium - Eldars - Squats
- Orks (not without problem but this can be possible) but not with
the Chaos forces. Nevertheless, you can imagine that Chaos and Allies
will avoid any confrontation until the destruction of the Hive Mind
Threat... I agree that all the races will fight against Tyranids but
I can't really imagine a coalition with the Chaos even if the troops
don't fight "shoulder to shoulder"...

Francois Bruntz
Apprenti MIAGE (Universite Paris XII - IBM France)

                  Lord's Home Page
              Space Marine and Epic 40k

  http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dungeon/2370/