Re: [Epic] Terrain

From: Tyler Provick <bprovick_at_...>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 1997 14:01:43 -0400

At 09:56 AM 9/2/97 -0500, you wrote:

>On Tue, 2 Sep 1997, Sauron Moridor wrote:
>
>> Sauron1 writes; Now that is a new method of flooring. I will definitely
>> have to try next time I build a factory or fort. Do you use pins or staples
>> in hidden areas, or does the glue do a solid job? How large an area have
>> you tried this on. Do you use plastic or metal mesh? sauron1
>>
>the mesh is metal or plastic, you can buy either. get plastic, as it
>cuts easier.
>
>to glue this stuff, i use 3M #77 spray adhesive. spray on screen in
>a light mist, then press onto board. this spray is nasty, as this spray
>glue drifts and make everything nearby sticky. do it outside.

Drywall mesh is self adhesive, if you use that. What you can do is cut a
square out of a square that fits inside the fortress. So you basically line
the edges with a bit of card. While glueing the card to the mesh, the glue
will flow through the mesh and attach the mesh to the base. For extremely
large areas you may want to put something, perhaps an alter, so that the
mesh doesn't rise off the base, and look like the floor is warping up.

Tyler