RE: [Epic] LOS (was marine chapters)

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 1997 10:58:51 -0500

>Whatever way you do it as long as it is equal. If you cannot shoot
>out then they cannot shoot in.

-----> This is really the key - if there's a question, settle it when
the first guy shoots,
and remember it when the second guy gets his chance to shoot back.I can
say I
have never had an argument over this once the initial "visible or not"
question was
settled.

>If you use the 15cm rule, the Daemons will have a place to hide. That
>will help the chaos player having problems with Eldar.
>
>The way we play (1 above) When they go into the woods to get their 6+
>I am able to shoot them.
>
>MadMac
 Another advantage to being "In"(cover+) vs. being "behind" (hidden)
is that hidden is great unless the opposition has pop-ups, in which case
hiding does you little good. At least the cover bonus to armor will help
against the pop-up shots.

(Unless of course they are AT's or Death Rays. Oh well...)

Chris Miller
remembering to ID himself on this one...