Re: [Epic] Fwd: NEW EPIC 40K INFO, Never been released, all new, all true.

From: <oki_at_...>
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 1997 10:07:41 +0800

At 11:01 AM 2/1/97 -0500, you wrote:

>I figure GW won't mind me posting this, I run Bartertown, so I figure they
>don't love me anyways. :'-(

What exactly is Bartertown - a place for bartering ? Doh !

>Dreadnaughts and lictors etc appear to be on 1cm by 2cm bases, these
>are still individual figures.

The new Dreadnoughts looks like the 40K, it is pretty big and quite detailed.

>There is no clue as to how Chaos Demons are going to be based. They
>are classed as infantry so in theory they are going to be 5 to a base
>but obviously they're going to have to bring out new models if they
>are. I hope they're going to be left as 1 model to a base the same a
>s lictors.

What about Trolls and Minotaurs then ?

>The special abilities/flavour of the chaos demons has gone. ie a
>Khorne Hound and a Fiend of Slanesh are exactly the same now. Chaos
>marines have seperate abilites nut no special cards.

Like someone said previously, looks like they are saving up the flavour for
the new codices/ boxed sets.

>There are no Imperial Knights.
>There are no trolls/minataurs for chaos.

What ? After spending a ton of Titan Legion, they actually leave it out ?

>There is going to be a new versions of many of the models. The
>Thunder Hawk Gunship is 2/3 times the size of the old one.

Bigger or smaller. I had the impression it is bigger than the 2nd edition.

>There is a pile of ruined buildings (don't know whether they're
>plastic or card)

I believe they are plastic.

>This is a totally different subject but do you remember the picture
>of Orion for WH that was in WD and was painted flesh colours rather
>than green. Aparently the guy that painted it got the sack. Nice
>place GW."""

Poor sod. Though this is pretty suspect. I mean, it was just a paint job.
The head artist is should be faulted equally for not checking on the poor
guy. Likewise, the editor of WD should be kicked in the butt for printing
that particular paint job. Probably he did something more serious.

If is true, wonder why GW did not do the same to their some of their game
designers/ contributors :) ?

------------------
>Me again, surprisingly he mentioned that psykers and commanders aren't
>overpowerful and unbalancing!!!! I was so shocked when I heard this, I
>thought aliens took over GW. Unfortunately, another person I know did mention
>that there is still room for typical GW crap in that you can upgrade squads to
>veteran status or something. The 40K "everyone in my IG army is a veteran"
>syndrome.

Wait till my Inquisitor Lord "Holocaust/ Apocalypse" him ! And I "gate" my
Ragnar into some poor fella's Imperator bridge.

>Well, Typical GW plot.
>
>3. I think he might be mistaken. They took all of the flavor out of Epic.
>Tyranids have for vehicles: "artillery", biovores, carnifexes, harridans and
>"assault spawns" and so to re-introduce it and special rules, they will be
>offering codexes/boxed sets/magic rules for another $30.00 each. They do this
>every time a new boxed set comes out. (40K black codex, WHFB Beasty book)

You are probably right. I knew it was too good to be true when the Troll
Boyz said no supplement will be needed to play the new Epic - though he did
mentioned the possibility of a new supplement on psychics.

Regards
Oki