Re: [Epic] Scandal's Stone (too long)

From: Eugene Earnshaw-Whyte <eug_at_...>
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 1997 15:19:12 -0700

Andrea Langhi wrote:
<snip>

> We can say what we want, but old GW products (SM 1st, Rogue Trader,
> WHF 1st and 2nd, RoC and the like) where a GOTHIC product.

Very much so: the feel was very dark, and the artwork matched. I don't own a
copy of Rogue Trader, but anyone who has read the intro to that game (the
'carrion lord of the imperium' bit) knows exactly what you're talking
about.<snip>

> Nowadays GW is trying to change image
> and thus produced a new, more conventional Titan, recalling a bit
> the Manga Mecha style which goes very well in these years.

Hmm. I hadn't really thought of the new Titan that way, but I think you might
be partly right. To me it doesn't look really _very_ manga-ish, more like an
old Battlemech. Come to think of it, though, the old battlemechs were ripped
off anime (Robotech et. al.), so maybe you have a point.<snip>

> Disclaimer
> All what expressed in this message is only my PERSONAL opinion about
> GW policy. With my words I don't want to offend anyone, anyone's
> believings or anything. I know that this list relyes exclusively on
> GW products and may me stupid to give a negative idea of them, but we
> all konw that the Internet is a public place, were anyone can say
> what are his opinions, at least until don't harm anyone, Ii think that
> this is not my case. If anyone sees me to be in error, please, sey it
> to me. I am open to any confrontation.
> Maybe this disclaimer is useless, but better be sure.
>
> Sorry if I broke some internal law of the List. If the maintainer
> believes right me to suspend from the list I agree with his decision,
> but I'd like to know personally my errors via E-Mail.
>
> Anyone can reply me personally.
>
> -Andrea Langhi
> a.langhi_at_...

I wouldn't worry, Andrea, we're fairly relaxed about things here. Lots of
people express various anti-GW sentiments, and no-one has ever gotten kicked
off as far as I'm aware. Bitching about the Workshop is one of our favorite
pastimes... If someone disagrees with you, they'll just say so politely.

Eugene