Re: [Epic] web site update

From: A. Allen McCarley <allen_at_...>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 1997 15:59:42 -0500

> Does anyone mount Falcons on a stand? I'd like mine to be a
> centimeter or so off the ground. Does anyone do that? What do
> you use? I could try to find something clear, or I could mount
> it on a piece of plastic and flock it. What looks good to you?

I mount my landspeeders to the top third (or so) of the old, clear
flying bases. I drill a small hole into the bottom of the speeder
to accept the peg, and glue the bottom of the post to an old style
iinfantry base. Once flocked, this looks great. I don't like the
look of the solid mounts on either the new or old landspeeders,
and those green struts of metal on the new WH40K Seraphim just
look silly.

You could do the same thing with your falcons, except use the bottom
third (or so) of the post from the flying stand. Either glue this
to a stand or just leave it in the original flying base. You could
even mount your Falcons directly onto the base of the flying base.

A word of caution. I do this next to a fan as the vapors from both
plastic cement and superglue tend to "fog" the clear plastic and
spoil the effect.

Allen (The Q&A guy)
Check out the EPIC and EPIC 40K Q&A Pages at:
     http://work1.utsi.edu:8000/~amccarle/default.html
If you have questions about EPIC 40K and can't find the answers
in the rule books, send them to:
                    allen_at_...
They will be passed on to Jervis Johnson and Andy Chambers.