Re: [Epic] Imperial detatchments

From: J. Michael Looney <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 19:23:32 -0500

Chris Pinson wrote:

> I was under the impression that captains couldn't upgrade to a Land Speeder.
>
> Captain + Land Speeder
> Librarian + Land Speeder
> 6 Land Speeders

Rhino, Razorback, Land Raider or Bike.

It appears that a command element my not be any of the following if you want it
to be a Captain or Librarian
Land Speeder
Attack Bike
Predator
Whirlwind
Vindicator.

A total of 8 Land Speeders is legal, however you do not get one that is a Hero
and one that is a Psyker Hero, at least for basic SM. troops.

Now if you call it a "Raven Wing" detachment, this is legal. (WD 210 page 35).
According to the fluff there are a total of 4 chapters that have Death
wing/Raven Wing companies (Angels of Death, page 33), so if you have Dark Green,
Black, White or mixed Dark Green & White SM. (again assuming you follow fluff)
you could have the detachment.

I just REALLY looked at the damn WD 210 chapter things. OK, A Cpt on a bike,
with the damn "Raven Wing" special ability is CHEAPER than your run of the mill
SM. Cpt. Granted the rest of the ravening is 2 points more than the normal SM.
on some kind of bike, but still, a Cpt + Librarian + 4 bikes with Raven Wing
special is the same as normal SM., and less than 4 bikes make it cheaper.
Arghhhhh.....

I really do like the E40K rules, but the army list as done by GW are just plain
_ODD_