Re: [Epic] Imperial detatchments

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 12:19:20 -0400

J. Michael Looney wrote:

> I just REALLY looked at the damn WD 210 chapter things. OK, A Cpt on a bike,
> with the damn "Raven Wing" special ability is CHEAPER than your run of the mill
> SM. Cpt.

        Well sure - you're losing a point of armor and 2
points of assault (and gaining mucho movement). I don't
know if the point totals work out, but I certainly
wouldn't expect the Capt on bike to cost more (after
all, basic space marine is 15 points, a bike is only 10
points).

> Granted the rest of the ravening is 2 points more than the normal SM.
> on some kind of bike, but still, a Cpt + Librarian + 4 bikes with Raven Wing
> special is the same as normal SM., and less than 4 bikes make it cheaper.
> Arghhhhh.....
>
> I really do like the E40K rules, but the army list as done by GW are just plain
> _ODD_

        The WD 210 lists were done by Gavin, I believe.
Which would explain the underpriced units and ridiculous
ideas (giving all SWs a +1 assault? why?).

Scott
shupes_at_...