Re: [Epic][ADMIN FOO] I am trying to get off the list

From: Aaron P Teske <Mithramuse+_at_...>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 21:15:09 -0400 (EDT)

Excerpts from Epic: 17-Sep-97 [Epic] I am trying to get o.. by "Timothy
J. Kilgore"_at_mai
> I am having trouble unsubscribing from the list. I have tried the automated
> system at least 10 times and I have recieved numerous different responses
> from you are not on the list to E-mail someone else. I have sent several
> messages to the list maintainer and I am still not off ther list, perhaps
> he will read this and then I'll be able to get off, or if anyone else has
> an idea please e-mail me so that I can get my self off the list Thank you
> for your time and sorry to interupt the discussion.

Keep in mind that sometimes you might not subscribe under the address
you think you've subscribed under. One method of figuring out where
Majordomo is sending mail is to send a message to Majordomo_at_...
with the body "who space-marine" and nothing else. You'll get back a
list of subscribers, by e-mail address. Running down the list, I note
that I'm somehow subscribed twice... curious. But it's a good
demonstration of how the server can be very finnicky, as my two
subscriptions are:

Mithramuse+_at_...
Mithramuse+_at_...

As you can see, quite close, but oh-so-far apart. So, ask Majordomo for
the list of who's on space-marine, find an e-mail address that looks
like yours, and then send in "unsubscribe space-marine <your e-mail
address>" Basically, leave nothing to chance and specify your
address... I think it has you listed as "tkilgore_at_..." while my
server IDs you as something else, _at_mai -something. (See above, the
"Excerpts" line.) So that may be why Majordomo is confused.

Good luck, and sorry for the semi-admin foo.

                    Aaron Teske
                    Mithramuse+_at_...